Warn Industries Releases New Powersports Winch for Sport Side x Sides
Clackamas, OR (8/25/17) – Warn Industries has released a new winch for the powersports market, specifically aimed at the growing sport side x side segment. The WARN ProVantage 4500-SSD (Synthetic Short Drum) offers 4,500 lbs. (2041 kg) of pulling capacity, specifically designed to meet the needs of a side x side. But this winch has a narrower short-drum configuration to fit the mounting constraints of compact sport side x sides, such as the Polaris RZR.
The 4500-SSD is 1.3" (3.3 cm) narrower than the regular WARN ProVantage 4500. Some of that space savings comes from the narrower "short drum." This drum is 3.13" wide, vs. the standard ProVantage's 4.85" drum (7.95 cm vs. 12.3 cm, respectively). However, like the standard ProVantage 4500, this winch features a rugged all-metal gear end housing and powerful permanent magnet motor.
Other features include:
- 50' of 3/16" synthetic rope and double-powder-coated hawse fairlead
- Hook, tie rods, and body feature attractive, corrosion-resistant black finish
- Illuminated dash-mounted control switch and corded remote
- Three-stage planetary gear train for smooth, efficient operation
- Ergonomic short-throw clutch handle
- Patented roller disc brake for outstanding control while winching
- Fully sealed motor and drive train to keep the elements out
- Warranty: Limited lifetime, 3 year electrical (North America)
UPCOMING DIRTTRAX AIRTIMES
LATEST VIDEOS View All
Dirt Trax Television 2017 - Season Finale Sneak Peek
December 18, 2017
A 50-Inch SxS Shootout, Dustin Jones of S3 Power Sports helps us out with some impressions ...
50-Inch SxS Shootout: Can-Am VS Polaris
December 28, 2017
Drag racing, time trials and trail riding! Oh my!
Top Gear View All
December 18, 2017
CLAM BIGFOOT XL 2000 ICE FISHING SHELTER
With winter setting in across Northern United states and Canada the mindset of trail riding has shifted to dropping a line at your ...
Ask Motorhead View All
April 18, 2017
WILDCAT TRAIL VS. WILDCAT SPORT
Would you be happier with a Wildcat Trail or would you go for a Wildcat Sport if you had your choice?
Headlines View All
January 15, 2018
Yamaha Announces 2018 SxS / ATV Racers and bLU cRU Support Program
Championship Bonuses Up for Grabs for Yamaha Racers in Premier Series / Events
Tourism View All
November 17, 2017
WIN AN OFF-ROAD FAMILY ADVENTURE GETAWAY
Win an Off-Road Family Adventure Getaway at Spearhead Trails in beautiful Southwest Virginia.